1983. Seoul National Univ. B.S.
1985. Seoul National Univ. M. S.
1986. Seoul National Univ. Ph.D. course
1994. State Univ. New York at Buffalo (Roswell Park Cancer Institute), Ph.D.
•Professor, Research Institute for Future Medicine (2013 – Present)
-Director, Office of R&BD
-Samsung Medical Center
•President, Mogam Biotechnology Research Institute (2008. 5 ~ 2013. 4)
- Strategic planning and management of R&D at MBRI and Greencross Corp., Korea
- Overall management of HR, IP, and financials as representative of institute
- Directing international relationship, collaboration, technology licensing, grant approvals,
- Directing cancer translation unit to bring up the novel candidate for IND approvals in Korean and US
- Providing consultancies on governmental strategy and planning
•Vice Director, Mogam Biotechnology Research Institute (2008. 1 ~ 2008. 5)
•Senior Scientist, Mogam Biotechnology Research Institute (1997. 3 ~ 2007. 12)
•JungAm Biotechnology Research Institute (1995. 3 ~ 1997.3)
•Postdoc, Roswell Park Cancer Institute (1994. 3 ~ 1995.1)
The main research area is related to the development of therapeutics as well as diagnostic tools for the anticancer treatments through the analysis on the molecular and cellular mechanism.
Honors & Awards